Batavus Personal Bike
A great, robust steel frame Dutch bike favoured by corporate and cycle renters. We’ve sold this to the Royal Air Force for use as part of their green transport policy on air force bases.
A feature of the Personal bike is having it’s own unique frame number clearly embossed on the frame. This is where the name Personal Bike comes from.
Key features of the Personal Bike include:
- Steel frame
- 28″/700c wheel size
- 3 Speed Shimano Nexus hub gears
- Shimano roller brakes front and rear
- Front and rear lighting
- integral frame lock
- stainless steel spokes
- fully enclosed chain case
- rear splash guards
- front and rear mudguards
- extra strong rear carrier
- unique frame number
- side stand
- gel sprung comfy saddle
- anti-puncture protection proofed tyres
- Choice of frame sizes – 49cm or 54cm
Availability: Next build date is first week in December 2016. This model sells out super fast as it’s purchased by corporate users in volume. So if you want one, be sure to place your order as soon as you can. Typically, Batavus only offer 1 or 2 build dates per season. In our experience, this bike sells out very early in the season.
Personal Bike Plus
Personal Bike is also available in a Plus version – which makes an ideal Cargo bike.
Additions/modifications on the Personal Bike Plus over the standard model include:
- Extra long and strong rear carrier
- Front carrier
- Centre standard
- Steering lock – for use when bike is parked to stop front handlebars rounding on themselves.
Only one frame size is available in the Plus – 54cm