We have an excellent, fully fitted workshop in our Littlehampton Base where we can service pretty much all makes of bikes as well as tackling the more specialist maintenance required to keep your Dutch Bike or Electric bike on the road.
We now offer a Home-Collection and return service within a twenty mile radius of our Littlehampton Workshop. We can provide this service to you for an additional £10 each way. Alternatively, you may wish to bring your bike to us, but please phone ahead to ensure we have space in our workshop.
If you’ve purchased a new Batavus Dutch Bike from us, or another approved/specialist retailer, we recommend you get your bike serviced every year for occasional to light use, and every 9 months for those who use their bicycle as a regular form of transport.
Our Standard Service costs just £45 (inc VAT) includes:
- Frames & Forks – wiped down and checked for alignment.
- Wheels – hubs and rims checked for damage and wear.
- Bearings – checked for free movement and adjusted (if applicable)
- Tyres – tyres and sidewalls checked for wear and inflated to the correct pressures
- Headset – checked for free movement and adjusted as necessary.
- Bottom Bracket – checked for free movement and adjusted as necessary.
- Bolts – checked and tightened to correct torque
- Chain and cassette – cleaned, checked for wear and re-lubricated
- Brake Cables – inspected and lubricated as required*
- Gear Cables – inspected and lubricated as required*
- Gears – adjusted as required
- Brakes – checked for effective operation and adjusted.
* if replacement are needed, the cost of the replacement cable will be billed in addition to the service cost.
Any additional parts or labour that may be required will either be advised to you at the time of bringing your bike to us, or will be called through to you later for your authorisation.
The cost of any extra parts will be added to you bill along with the applicable labour rate charge, currently £7.50 per 15 minutes.
When bringing your bike to us, we would ask that it is in a clean condition.
Other Maintenance Charges – (including vat)
We have a minimum charge of £9.00, which is for up to 15 minutes work, unless what’s required is covered by one of our services listed below.
Puncture Repair, and or fitting new tyre, front wheel – £8.50 plus new tube and or tyre.
Puncture Repair, and or fitting new tyre, rear wheel derailleur – £12 plus new tube and or tyre.
Puncture Repair, and or fitting new tyre, rear wheel hub gear – £15 plus tube and or tyre
Sprocket upgrade – hub geared bike
£45 – additional chain links, if required, sprocket, labour and vat. (Please note – a new chain may be required if additional links are not possible, cost of new chain will be in addition)
We provide you with an estimate for all other work that you may require. However, as explained above, this is an estimate and not a fixed-price quote.
Remember a bicycle is essentially a vehicle. Treat it with care and respect, look after it by having it regularly serviced and your bicycle will return the favour with many years of reliable cycling. On the other hand, shove it the shed for a few months, don’t care for it, never clean or wipe it down after being used in the wet, allow the tyres to go flat and you’re storing up potentially expensive problems for the future.
Preventative maintenance is always cheaper in the long run than undertaking running repairs!