Ordering your New Batavus Bike!
Ordering your New Batavus Dutch Bike couldn’t be easier!
- Phone us during our normal shop opening hours on 01903 730089 and we can answer any of your questions as well as working out which frame size you’d need.
- Once you’ve decided on which bike you’d like – this could be during the same telephone call, or you may wish to ponder on what we’ve told you and phone us back later, either way is fine, but when you confirm the bike you want, we ask you for a 10% deposit with the remainder falling due when you’re new Batavus is ready to be collected at the factory.
- Your new Batavus will be either at our Littlehampton Showroom ready for you to collect, or if you wish we can deliver it to you (delivery charges apply – we can provide you with a quote when you phone.)
How long from the Date your order until your new bike is ready for you to collect or us to deliver?
This will depend on when you contact us in relation to our monthly collection plan.
For example, if you’re bike is in stock at the Batavus factory and we’ve a scheduled pick up the following week – well, you’re only going to wait a week for your new Batavus. However, if we’ve just taken a delivery, then you’ll potentially have to wait 4 weeks.
The maximum you should have to wait is 4 weeks from the date you order – provided Batavus have the bike in stock, or in current build plan within 4 weeks. We can advise you further at the time you phone.
The whole object of this system is to give you, our valued customer, greater choice.
So you choose the Batavus bike you want as opposed to us saying – this is what we have in stock, please choose from this range!
PHONE US NOW ON 01903 730089 OR email us at Dutchcycles@live
Some important background information about how your new Dutch bike comes to the UK.
We’ve been importing Dutch Bikes since 2003 from the Netherlands.
I want to stress that our bikes come from the Netherlands where they are designed and built in Dutch factories.
Every bike is factory built in the Netherlands as opposed to the being flat-packed and shipped to us from the Far East or elsewhere in the World.
The advantages of this are:
- Your bike is factory built and subject to some fairly rigorous quality checks which mean you get a better bike.
- We don’t have to assemble a box of bike bits, which in turn means that your bike’s performance is enhanced as any problems are sorted out at the Batavus factory prior to us taking delivery.
- Batavus take enormous pride in their bicycles and therefore ensure that each and everyone of them are treated with respect and with the knowledge that they will give many years of cycling pleasure.
- Your bike has a lower carbon foot print as it doesn’t have to travel half-way round the world to get here, and also, it has only one road journey – Factory to us and then to you.
The disadvantages of this are:
- Your bike is fully assembled and not boxed making transporting of it back to the UK extremely difficult as all mainstream transport companies insist their cargo is securely boxed.
- When we have found a Transport company willing to ship unboxed bikes, the costs are relatively high.
Up until now, the way we have operated our business has been to appoint a local transport company who have suitable, air-suspension trailers and they collect a dedicated load of Batavus bikes from the factory for us. Each bike is hand-lifted by Batavus factory workers onto the lorry and the lorry only transports our bikes back to the UK.
The problem is that Batavus have a great and wide range of bikes and we can’t possibly or logistically import them all. Bearing in mind, that each model has a number of different sizes/colour options etc – thus making it impossible.
The solution is relatively simple, but requires you, our valued customer to be both patient and co-operative.
We know you’d love to have your new Batavus today, but we also know that you want a greater choice than what we have previously offered you.
So, here’s how we now will be working
Once a month we will have our Dedicated, trusted and high quality Transport Company attend the Batavus factory in the Netherlands and pick up our order.
You choose the Batavus model you want and telephone us. We can check immediately on availability as we link up to the Batavus Factory – and discuss what size bike is most suitable for you. We can also answer any questions you have regarding the model/s and guide you towards the most suitable bike for you.
Once you’ve made your choice, we will order your new Batavus for you at the factory – remember at this stage your new Batavus may not even be built and once we order your bike, our contract with Batavus means that we have to go through with the sale. However, at this stage, we will only take 10% as an initial down payment on the bike.
We will contact you when we’re ready to collect the bike from the Batavus factory at which time we take the remaining balance.
Your new Batavus will be ready here in a few days time from this time for you to come and collect, or we can deliver to you.